1. Deep discount prices. You can literally pay $4 for a brand name pair of jeans. Don’t believe me? You can search and filter by ‘Sold’ and see what people are actually paying for things. Do you really need 4 more reasons?!
2. You’re money is supporting people like you. Some of us are trying to make a living by reselling clothes (my hand is raised), others are stay at home moms trying to supplement their household incomes, and some are just trying to save up for a nice vacation. No matter the reason, your purchase helps women and men just like you, trying to pay the bills, instead of huge corporations trying to impress shareholders.
3. You’re saving the planet. I’m guilty of this. You are over your life, so you start cleaning out your house. First stop is your closet and while you intend to donate your old clothes, at some point you’re sick of it all and throw them in the trash. They are off to the dump and will spend eternity in the landfill taking up space. I could go on and on about the carbon footprint you make by purchasing brand new clothes, but that would take a lot of research and I’m too lazy for that.
4. You’re supporting the U.S. Postal Service. Um hello, remember when email came around and the Post Office almost went bankrupt?
5. You can stay in bed watching The Bachelor in Paradise. You don’t have to go anywhere! And the stores never close!